Often the question is, who is the richest woman in the world or who has the most money? Do you want to know who is the richest woman in the world in 2021? Although it varies, we have made a list of the top 10 richest women in the world in June 2021.
10. Gina Rinehart – $22 billion
Gina Rinehart is a billionaire Australian mining businessman and heiress. She is the richest citizen of Australia. Moreover, Gina Rinehart is the executive chairman of Hancock Prospecting, a privately owned company founded by her father, Lang Hancock. The largest part of his income comes from the Roy Hill mining project. Also, Gina Rinehart is the 10th richest woman in the world 2021.
- Born: (9 February 1954) Perth, Western Australia
- Occupation: Mining magnate, company chairwoman
- Net worth: US$22.6 billion
09. Yang Huiyan – $23 billion
Yang Huiyan is a Chinese-born billionaire businessman and property developer. She is the majority shareholder of Country Garden Holdings. Yang Huiyan owns 57% of real estate developer Country Garden Holdings, which was largely transferred to him by his father, Yang Guoqiang. Moreover, she is the richest woman in Asia and the seventh richest woman in the world by 2021.
- Born: (1981) Shunde, Guangdong, China
- Occupation: Majority shareholder, Country Garden Holdings
- Net worth: US$23.6 billion
08. Abigail Johnson – $24 billion
Abigail Johnson is an American billionaire woman. Since 2014, Johnson has been the president and chief executive officer of American investment firm Fidelity Investments (FMR), and chair of the international company Fidelity International (FIL). Fidelity was founded by his grandfather. The Johnson family owns a 49% stake in the company, with Abigail Johnson holding an estimated 24.5%. With a net worth of $24.8 billion, Abigail Johnson is one of the top 10 richest women in the world 2021.
- Born: (December 19, 1961) United States
- Occupation: Businesswoman
- Net worth: US$24.8 billion
07. Miriam Adelson – $28 billion
Miriam Adelson is an Israeli American physician and the fifth billionaire woman in the world. She is the widow of Sheldon Adelson, former CEO and chairman of casino company Las Vegas Sands, who died in January 2021. After marriage, she became a donor to conservative political causes in the United States and Israel. She and her husband founded the Sheldon G. Adelson Research Clinic in Las Vegas, which treats people with opioid use disorder.
- Born: (10 October 1945) Tel Aviv, Mandatory Palestine
- Nationality: American & Israeli
- Net worth: US$28.2 billion
06. Susanne Klatten- $29 billion
Susanne Klatten is a German billionaire woman, the daughter and heiress of Herbert and Johanna Quandt. Susanne Klatten owns a 19.1% stake in automaker BMW. Furthermore, as of Sep 2021, according to the Forbes Billionaires Index, her net worth was estimated at US$29.4 billion, making her the richest woman in Germany and the eighth-richest woman in the world.
- Born: (28 April 1962) Bad Homburg, Germany
- Income source: BMW, pharmaceuticals
- Net worth: US$29.4 billion
05. Jacqueline Mars – $31.1 billion
Jacqueline Mars is a billionaire American heiress and investor. She is the granddaughter of Frank C. Mars, founder of the American candy company Mars, Incorporated. Additionally, Jacqueline Mars owns an estimated one-third of the Mars company. As of Sep 2021, she has a net worth of $31.1 billion according to Forbes, making her the sixth richest woman.
- Born: (October 10, 1939) United States
- Income Source: candy, pet food
- Net worth: US$31.1 billion
04. Julia Koch – $50 billion
Julia Koch is an American socialite, philanthropist and one of the top 10 richest women in the world 2021. Moreover, she and her three children inherited a 42% stake in Koch Industries from her husband David, who died in 2019. Also, as of Sep 2021, he has a net worth of $50.3 billion according to Forbes, while Bloomberg estimates it at $64.4 billion.
- Born: (April 12, 1962) United States
- Occupation: Heir & Philanthropist
- Net worth: US$50.3 billion
03. MacKenzie Scott – $58 billion
Mackenzie Scott is a billionaire American novelist and philanthropist. As of Sep 2021, her net worth is US$58.4 billion, making her the third richest woman in the world. Additionally, she is known for her marriage and high-profile divorce to Amazon founder Jeff Bezos and her involvement in the founding of Amazon. As part of the divorce settlement, Bezos transferred 25% of his Amazon stake to Mackenzie.
- Born: (April 7, 1970) San Francisco, California, U.S.
- Occupation: Novelist & Philanthropist
- Net worth: US$58.4 billion
02. Alice Walton – $66 billion
Alice Walton is a billionaire American woman. She is the only daughter of Walmart founder Sam Walton. As of Sep 2021, Walton has a net worth of $66.2 billion, making her the second richest woman in the world 2021.
- Born: (October 7, 1949) Newport, Arkansas, U.S.
- Known for: Heiress, Walton family fortune
- Net worth: US$66.2 billion
01. Françoise Bettencourt – $92 billion
Françoise Betancourt Meyers is a billionaire French woman. She is the only daughter and heiress of Lillian Bettencourt. Moreover, according to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index, as of Sep 2021, Françoise Bettencourt is the richest woman in the world with an estimated net worth of $92.2 billion.
- Born: (10 July 1953) Neuilly-sur-Seine, France
- Occupation: Businesswoman
- Net worth: US$92.2 billion