Richest Women In The World
The number of billionaire women has been steadily increasing over the years. In such a situation, the question is, who is the richest woman in the world or who has the most money? Do you want to know who is the richest woman in the world in 2022? Although it varies, we have created a list of the top 10 Richest Women in the world 2022. Let’s look at it!
10. Gina Rinehart – $22 billion
Gina Rinehart is a billionaire Australian mining businessman and heiress. She is the richest citizen of Australia. Gina Rinehart is the executive chairman of Hancock Prospecting, a privately owned company founded by her father, Lang Hancock. The largest part of his income comes from the Roy Hill mining project. Gina Rinehart is the 10th richest woman in the world in 2022.
- Born: (9 February 1954) Perth, Western Australia
- Occupation: Mining magnate, company chairwoman
- Net worth: US$22.4 billion (Jan 2022)
09. Yang Huiyan – $23 billion
Yang Huiyan is a Chinese-born billionaire businessman and property developer. She is the majority shareholder of Country Garden Holdings. Yang Huiyan owns 57% of real estate developer Country Garden Holdings, which was largely transferred to him by his father, Yang Guoqiang. According to Bloomberg billionaire index, she is the richest woman in Asia and the 9th richest woman in the world in 2022.
- Born: (1981) Shunde, Guangdong, China
- Occupation: Majority shareholder, Country Garden Holdings
- Net worth: US$23.7 billion (Jan 2022)
08. Abigail Johnson – $26 billion
Abigail Johnson is an American billionaire woman. Since 2014, Johnson has been the president and chief executive officer of American investment firm Fidelity Investments (FMR), and chair of the international company Fidelity International (FIL). Fidelity was founded by his grandfather. The Johnson family owns a 49% stake in the company, with Abigail Johnson holding an estimated 24.5%. With a net worth of $26 billion, Abigail Johnson is one of the top 10 richest women in the world 2022.
- Born: (December 19, 1961) United States
- Occupation: Businesswoman
- Net worth: US$26 billion (Jan 2022)
07. Miriam Adelson – $28 billion
Miriam Adelson is an Israeli American physician and the 7th richest among the top 10 richest women in the world 2022. She is the widow of Sheldon Adelson, former CEO and chairman of casino company Las Vegas Sands, who died in January 2021. After marriage, she became a donor to conservative political causes in the United States and Israel. She and her husband founded the Sheldon G. Adelson Research Clinic in Las Vegas, which treats people with opioid use disorder.
- Born: (10 October 1945) Tel Aviv, Mandatory Palestine
- Nationality: American & Israeli
- Net worth: US$28 billion
06. Susanne Klatten- $29 billion
Susanne Klatten is a German billionaire woman, the daughter and heiress of Herbert and Johanna Quandt. Susanne Klatten owns a 19.1% stake in automaker BMW. Furthermore, according to the Forbes Billionaires Index, her net worth is estimated at US$29 billion, making her the richest woman in Germany and the sixth richest woman in the world in 2022.
- Born: (28 April 1962) Bad Homburg, Germany
- Income source: BMW, pharmaceuticals
- Net worth: US$29 billion (Jan 2022)
05. Jacqueline Mars – $51 billion
Jacqueline Mars is a billionaire American heiress and investor. She is the granddaughter of Frank C. Mars, founder of the American candy company Mars, Incorporated. Additionally, Jacqueline Mars owns an estimated one-third of the Mars company. According to Bloomberg Billionaire Index, she has a net worth of $51 billion, making her the 5th richest woman in the world in 2022.
- Born: (October 10, 1939) United States
- Income Source: candy, pet food
- Net worth: US$51.2 billion (Jan 2022)
04. MacKenzie Scott – $56 billion
Mackenzie Scott is a billionaire American novelist and philanthropist. According to Bloomberg, her net worth is US$56 billion, making her the fourth richest woman in the world in 2022. Additionally, she is known for her marriage and high-profile divorce to Amazon founder Jeff Bezos and her involvement in the founding of Amazon. As part of the divorce settlement, Bezos transferred 25% of his Amazon stake to Mackenzie.
- Born: (April 7, 1970) San Francisco, California, U.S.
- Occupation: Novelist & Philanthropist
- Net worth: US$56.3 billion (Jan 2022)
03. Julia Koch – $61 billion
Julia Koch is an American socialite, philanthropist and one of the top 10 richest women in the world 2022. She and her three children inherited a 42% stake in Koch Industries from her husband David, who died in 2019. As of 2022, he has a net worth of $53.8 billion according to Forbes, while Bloomberg estimates it at $61.2 billion.
- Born: (April 12, 1962) United States
- Occupation: Heir & Philanthropist
- Net worth: US$61.2 billion (Jan 2022)
02. Alice Walton – $66 billion
Alice Walton is a billionaire American woman. She is the only daughter of Walmart founder Sam Walton. According to Forbes Billionaire Index, Walton has a net worth of $66 billion, making her the second richest woman in the world in 2022.
- Born: (October 7, 1949) Newport, Arkansas, U.S.
- Known for: Heiress, Walton family fortune
- Net worth: US$66.2 billion (Jan 2022)
01. Françoise Bettencourt – $94 billion
Françoise Betancourt Meyers is a billionaire French woman. She is the only daughter and heiress of Lillian Bettencourt. According to the Forbes Billionaires Index, François Bettencourt is the richest woman in the world in 2022 with an estimated net worth of $94 billion.
- Born: (10 July 1953) Neuilly-sur-Seine, France
- Occupation: Businesswoman
- Net worth: US$94.7 billion (Jan 2022)